First of all, don't trust the 'average' review score - the topic of this particular game (pigeon dating) has attracted droves of people trying to be funny with one line review quips.
Simply speaking, the positive rating has me very very very confused because this is a terrible VN for the price.
Story aside, there are some major issues with the game itself:
1) "Maximum text speed" actually means "scrolls a bit faster" so you need to click twice to clear every message if you are a decent reader. Extremely annoying.
2) No setting to skip only scenes you haven't watched. You either skip or you don't, and if you miss new content too bad. This is made worse by how some of the endings are very similar (ie, basically the same ending except for an epilogue) but you need to replay the entire game, not knowing if there are new nuggets in the game.
3) Loading glitches, many times when I loaded it would not work and just show an empty text box. Needed to exit to title and load that way.
Main problems with the plot/art:
1) If you are like me, part of the allure of VNs is looking at some cool anime characters. This game has virtually none of that. The teaser shots you see at the top of the store page are basically all there is, the rest of the "art" you can find by going to google and searching for "pigeon." Maybe spend some effort drawing characters in different poses? Nope, just the same cropped pigeon picture from google. In certain parts you may be lucky and get uncropped pigeon pictures when the game devs were lazy.
2) There is a severe lack of development for all birds. It is not that uncommon, but "the bachelor syndrome" of going on 2 dates and falling in love forever for no apparent reason is alive and well. As such, the birds are super one-dimensional, from the mentally challenged pudding bird to the psycho daydreaming bird - they just rehash the same joke over and over, not changing or developing other sides to the birds at all.
3) To build on #2, the game is generally not funny. A couple jokes initially could elicit a chuckle, but the joke rehash gets very tiring. As this game is a quasi-parody of dating sims, I don't think that's a good thing.
4) The relationship scoring system is at best hidden, at worst useless. This is one of those games where the relationship stat is hidden and you need to guess where you stand with everyone. One of the major systems, where you pick your classes, is 100% useless in over half the endings.
5) True ending - without using spoilers, this game tries to tie everything together in a grand true ending that answers all questions. You want to know why pigeons talk? Why there is a school for pigeons? The ending tells you! However, because the premise is so preposterous, the game just throws twist after twist at you, all of which are not coherent. From daddy issues to orphanages to secret agents, the game throws all the stereotypical tropes you could possibly dream up in one jumbled mess. To be fair, the ending does actually flesh out the characters somewhat and probably takes a solid couple hours to get through. Of course the content in the true ending is probably more than the content in the rest of the game combined, see #2.
Long review for me as I rarely disagree so much with popular opinion. Bottom line is that I would NOT recommend this game unless it was 90% off or something, it is simply a poor example of a VN. Of course if you want to write a one line quip of a pigeon dating sim then you have no choice?